01 October 2007

Rain, rain...


Finally, a short one. Today it rained. I got wet. This was the one day I didn't really have anything particular planed, so I just walked a long ways down Ave. Santa Fe., which, disappointingly, remindes me somewhat of State Street or Wacker Drive in the loop. I knew I'd been at it for two long when I started seeing the same stores for the second or even third time... I went in a few stores but was generally uninspired. Then I cut over the the MALBA - I forget what the acronym stands for, but it's the Museum of Modern Art. I'm still digesting most of it... Modern art just doesn't really do much for me. I went through one of the exhibits backwards--it was arranged from most modern back to 1900 - 1910 by decade, and found that I liked things more and more the farther back in time I went. There was another interesting exhibit called "Psycho in 24 Hours", or something like that, which was a huge screen set up with a projection of the movie Psycho slowed down such that it would take 24 hours to watch the entire thing.

All that took about six hours, and made my cold, wet feet ache. I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner tonight... Last night was lomo at Don Julio; really great beef tenderloin. I love how here they don't offer you a starch and veggie, or any toppings - just steak. Focus on the meat. We sat down for dinner at 10, and that was early! A family with a girl about three actually came in at 11.30 for dinner. We had dinner at 8.30 on Saturday and no one else walked in the door until after 10. I can't get over it. I've taken to having tea or coffee around now with a little snack of some kind (tostado is the local grilled cheese and ham type snack) just to keep me going...

I'm not sure about tomorrow yet. Possibly the ferry to Colonia, Uruguay, or maybe something else around here. I'll have to see how the weather is in the am.

2 comments:

Morgan County said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morgan County said...

Is that the same Nancy Brown who was a v*g*t*r**n in the past?